Registration for this course will open on a later date.
New to our training or want to learn more about them? Then join us during one of our free webinars or watch previous sessions by clicking here.
For each module, you will watch 6 hours of pre-recorded lecture, and Kathy and Steve will offer 2 days of Q&A in each morning and triad exercise in each afternoon.
SE ™ training is ideal but not required. The course is open to therapists in general. This course is not open for those who are in a client situation.
The following is a list of topics that will be addressed in each module. We use an experiential and emergent design model for teaching, which means that topics evolve from the group exercises and discussion. The following gives an approximate order for the material presented, but there will be variations for each group experience.
- Introduction and Overview of the Model
- Window of Tolerance, Faux Window of Tolerance, Defensive Accommodations
- Normal Birth Sequence
- Attachment Styles – Overview
- Bowlby’s Four Points and Attachment Styles
- Parent Attachment Styles
- Neuroception, Interoception, and Safety Memory
- Polyvagal Theory, Homeostasis, Allostatic Load
- Feeling of Threat
- Demos: Working with Body Layers session; Kidney and Adrenal/Safe Haven session; Identifying our Attachment Style (small group discussion); Brainstem within Safe Haven/Secure Base session.
- Introduction to Module 2
- Adverse Childhood Experience Study
- Allostatic Load and Dorsal Vagus
- Pace and Regulation
- Scope of Practice (this may not be included for the Australia students since it’s focused on the US)
- Neurosequential Development
- Shock vs Developmental Trauma
- Neuroception Review
- Demos: Allostatic Load session; Microbytes session; Building Regulation/Relationship session; Neuroception practice
- Introduction to Module 3
- Romanian Orphanage Study (2 videos)
- Deeper Dive into Attachment
- Comparing Disorganized Attachment and Syndromal Clients
- Transition from High to Low Tone Dorsal
- Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis and Developmental Trauma
- Signaling and Neurotransmitters and Trauma
- Thymus and Trauma
- Mediastinum (lecture and demo session)
- Traumatic Transference and Countertransference
- Demos: Transition from High to Low Tone Dorsal session; HPA session; Sternal Stimulation/Thymus; Mediastinum.
- Bonus videos: Disorganized Attachment; Trauma and Neurotransmitters; Demo of Pre-HPA/Brain Stem session.
When And Where
The dates for the Skills Building Experiences are below. Dates are shown in US and Australia formats.
February 10-11, 2023 (US)
February 11-12, 2023 (Australia)
June 9-10, 2023 (US)
June 10-11, 2023 (Australia)
October 20-21, 2023 (US)
October 21-22, 2023 (Australia)
Times for the Skills Building Experiences are below.
Payment And Related Information:
Registration opening on a later date.
- Full refunds will be given if an applicant is denied acceptance into a training for any reason.
- Full refunds will be given if a training is canceled by Resilience and Regulation, LLC.
- A full refund, less a $100 cancellation fee, will be issued for students canceling at least 30 days prior to the start date of the training.
- Students canceling within 30 days of a training start date will be refunded full tuition less $210 cancellation fee.
- No refund will be issued for no‐shows or if registration is canceled after 4 pm US Central Standard Time the day before the training.
- No refund will be issued after video lectures are made available for Hybrid Online Classes.
- Partial refunds are not awarded for those who miss portions of the live training.
Alumni (repeat students of a specific module) may receive a 50% discount off regular registration pricing. To receive your discount, please contact us for your coupon code and enter your code during checkout. To encourage early enrollment and save your space in a class, the coupon works for either early registration or regular registration and automatically adjust the amount due to 50% off of regular registration. Sorry, but no deposits are accepted for Alumni and full payment is expected at time of registration. Please note, there are no refunds available once payment is received unless Resilience and Regulation cancels the program due to unforeseen circumstances.